23 January 2006

Who is Where?

Who Is In Heaven?

I was shocked, confused & bewildered
As I entered Heaven’s door,
Not by the beauty of it all,
By the lights or its décor

But it was the folks in Heaven
Who made me sputter and gasp –
The thevies, the liars and sinners
The alcoholics and the “trash”

There stood the kid from seventh grade
Who swiped my lunch money twice
Next to him was my old neighbor
Who never said anything nice

Herb, who I always thought
Was rotting away in hell,
Was sitting pretty on could nine,
Looking incredibly well

I nudged Jesus, “What’s the deal?
I would love to hear Your take?
How’d all these sinners get up here?
God must have made a mistake!

And why’s everyone so quite,
So somber? Give me a clue.”
“Hush Child” said He, “They’re all in shock,
No one thought they’d see you.”

Author Unkown

Simplistic in verse, overly so.. but RICH in truth! How often we judge who is and who is not, when, in fact, it was never our place. The Lord knows who is His..

One thought – I think too, that we will be even more surprised by who isn’t in heaven that we all thought would be there for sure.

Judging never gets any of us anywhere.. and I’m thankful to the person who sent me this. Her heart is beautiful – and I don’t think she knows that she gets the Lord better than us who she considers much “smarter” than herself.

=) MJ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home